IMB ConsultingConsultant Service
Medium optimization for maximum cell or target product (Bacteria)
A systematic optimization of cultivation medium and condition can be employed to maximize the production of cell, endospore as well as target protein (e.g. enzyme, recombinant protein). Appropriate adjustment and replacement of necessary medium component can significantly reduce the operation cost and therefore accommodate a scale-up production.
- Jenjitwanich A., Vilai-ek L., Taypongsak P., Jetiyanon K and Pongtharangkul T. “Medium optimization for plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) Bacillus cereus strain RS87”. The 30th Annual Meeting of the Thai Society for Biotechnology and International Conference. 22-23 November 2018, Bangkok, Thailand. (2018).
- Jenjitwanich A., Jetiyanon K and Pongtharangkul T. “Upscaling of RS87 endospore production process – from flask to semi-industrial scale cultivation”. The 31th Annual Meeting of the Thai Society for Biotechnology and International Conference. 10-12 November 2019, Bangkok, Thailand. (2019).
Enzymatic bioconversion (Whole-cell or free-enzyme) for bio-based chemical production
The use of a biocatalyst allows for a sustainable and environmental friendly production of various valuable chemicals. Appropriate selection of enzyme(s) and reaction condition(s) are critical for the successful process development. Many industrially important enzymes require expensive cofactor(s), therefore an efficient cofactor regeneration system is highly necessary. Our expertise includes the use of our efficient glucose dehydrogenase to regenerate cofactors for several oxygenase enzymes. The cofactor regeneration system can be applied in various platform including crude enzyme extract, purified enzyme, a whole-cell biocatalyst with a co-expression or a coupling whole-cell biocatalyst format.
- Siriphongphaew A, Pisnupong P, Wongkongkatep J, Inprakhon P, Vangnai AS, Honda K, Ohtake H, Kato J, Ogawa J, Shimizu S, Urlacher VB, Schmid RD, Pongtharangkul T. Development of a whole-cell biocatalyst co-expressing P450 monooxygenase and glucose dehydrogenase for synthesis of epoxyhexane. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 2012 Jul;95(2):357-67.
- Pongtharangkul T, Chuekitkumchorn P, Suwanampa N, PayongsriP, Honda K, Panbangred W. Kinetic properties and stability of glucose dehydrogenase from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens SB5 and its potential for cofactor regeneration. AMB Express 2015; 5;68.
- Sungwallek S, Payongsri P, Chaiyen P, Pongtharangkul T. 2016. Development of a whole-cell biocatalyst for caffeic acid production. Proceedings of The 28th Annual Meeting of the Thai Society of Biotechnology and International Conference, November 28-30. Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Pinthong C, Phoopraintra P, Chantiwas R, Pongtharangkul T, Chenprakhon P, Chaiyen P. Green and sustainable biocatalytic production of 3,4,5-trihydroxycinnamic acid from palm oil mill effluent. Process Biochemistry 2017; 63:122-9.